Sharjah is the industrial heartland of the UAE, accounting for more than 40% of the country's industrial GDP. Monitoring air quality is important in protecting the air environment, public health, and promoting sustainable economic development.
Bee’ah identified a pressing need for AAQM in Sharjah and established the Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Network for the emirate. Bee’ah has established 6 AAQM stations, and 1 mobile AAQM station across Sharjah. The objectives of the network are:
• To determine status and trends of ambient air quality in Sharjah
• To ensure that federal air quality standards are met
• Support ambient air quality standards and emissions strategy development
• Support air quality research studies
• To establish approval conditions for regulated industrial facilities and proposals for constructing new facilities